Monday, August 9, 2010

FISHNET FOLLIES





I finally got the opportunity to scan some new Dr. Sketchy's doodles. This was the second Dr. Sketchy's I've attended in San Francisco and oddly enough Flame Cynder's (the blonde one with the feathery hat) modeled for both of them. To which, you won't find any complaints here. The other girl's name is Mynx d'Meanor. Something tells me neither of these girls used their real names.
I had a drawing buddy this time around, and I believe we bothered the girl in front of us with social banter and art talk. However, she did come late, drag a chair to the front, and popped herself in a tight spot effectively blocking the views of many of us that showed up on time, so she couldn't really complain. Unfortunately due to this girl, I couldn't really see the legs of the models which meant not putting them in or just making up the shapes quickly. All in all this was a good night. I got some good, energetic drawing in, received a drink token and a bag full of free art shwag for showing up early and helping set up, and I even sold a piece of my artwork in the other room. Which means I sold something at Minna three months in a row. Hope I can keep up that streak this month. Until then, enjoy the new sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment